So, I'm a member of a small swap within my local quilt guild. Back in May, a few of us went up into Gold Country for a weekend of sewing, eating and fabric shopping (not necessarily in that order). And, while we were there, Ruth, Kathleen, Sheetal and I decided that we would start a round robin. That we decided was also a bee. And that it would be named after Kathleen's dog. Thus, the Round Boo Bee was born (did I mention that this idea and name came to us at about 11 PM after a day of sewing and shopping?).
I started off with Kathleen's center block. After finishing my Mendocino herringbone, I decided that I wanted to do that with Kathleen's quilt. In fact, her center reminded me of a compass center, so I liked that the herringbone would add additional arrows to her quilt. I even intended to add 60 degree triangles as cornerstones, so that the arrow affect would be pronounced. So, I started sewing lines of parallelograms together. Once I had two lines as long as I was tall (which I figured was more than enough), I decided to start adding on. Well, then, I decided that I didn't like the cornerstone idea. I had planned the herringbone to be just enough to go around the edges of the original block. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO... Long story short, I did my first (and second) Y-seams to fix as much as I could to make the block look as close to right as I could make it. That, and I screamed obscenities at my sewing machine for not cooperating (thus the title of the post--it was the cleanest thing I said to my machine all day). Here is the final result:
Now that I have it finished (and the y-seams are done for the day), I think I need a glass of wine and some downtime sewing.
Kathleen, I hope you like it! Because, if you don't, the hubby has stated that he will take it. ;)